Wednesday, April 9, 2014

(Almost) SPRING BREAK!

I'm so excited to have spring break this year; a week and a half of vacation time to relax.. who am I kidding? There's no time to relax during senior year when you're just trying to graduate! There are so many projects and papers to continue working on during this short break and I'm just thankful I don't have classes to keep up with during this time. On top of this I have the Baruch Asian Student Union show to prepare for and practice every day! 

It's my last few weeks as an undergraduate at Baruch and I'm kind of glad that I ended up attending Baruch (not just for the opportunities fund, free laptop and free ride!) but because of some of the people I met through college. Baruch Kappas helped open me up to the world and broke the shell that was holding me back from pursuing a lot of things I felt I was too shy to accomplish; the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance helped establish me as a leader as Co-President and Co-Vice President; and lastly, the opportunities fund I was granted as a Macaulay Honors student allowed me the chance to go to New Orleans for Habitat for Humanity and Ecuador to volunteer teaching English. 

I take my life for granted sometimes but I do know that I am pretty blessed when it comes to my parents and supporters cheering me on every step of the way to make sure I had a good education and the best of the best. They never spared a cent when it came to prep classes for school or specialized exams and were always pushing me to go beyond the expectations I had for myself. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have made it into Bronx Science, nor would I have made it to Macaulay Honors at Baruch. If I hadn't gone to Baruch, I wouldn't have met my friends Peng and Brian who told me about UBELONG, and I wouldn't have known about this organization that opened my eyes to what I could be doing with my life: helping others and improving communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment